Who we're looking for and what's involved
We're looking for chairs to lead our social care guideline committees over the next year. We welcome applications from skilled and experienced leaders with:
- a track record of chairing national or high profile multi-professional committees or working groups
- a commitment to evidence-based practice
- experience of guideline development processes (ideally).
The National Guideline Alliance (NGA) will be recruiting for these roles, on behalf of NICE.
2 years (from when the guideline starts).
The topics we'll be looking at
We expect to start work on the following guideline topics this year:
- advocacy services for adults with health and social care needs
- supporting independent living and preventing isolation in adults of working age with social care needs
- adults with lifelong or very severe hearing or visual impairment: health, wellbeing and social care.
Please note, this list is indicative and subject to change. We'll allocate chairs to a specific guideline after their appointment.
How to apply
- Read the information for applicants (PDF). This will tell you more about:
- the role description and person specification
- expenses and how to claim
- the recruitment and selection process.
- We need:
- A cover letter. It should explain how you meet the criteria in the person specification and your motivation for applying for the post.
- A short CV.
And these completed forms:
- Applicant information - with details of 2 referees (Word).
- Declaration of interests (Word). Make sure you read our information below on declaring conflicts of interest before you apply.
- Equality monitoring (Word).
Attach those documents to an email and send to Offiong Ani at NGAapplications@rcog.org.uk.
Closing date: 10am, Monday 3 June 2019.
Interview date: Monday 15 July 2019.
Declaring conflicts of interest
Make sure you read our declaration of interests policy and supporting frequently asked questions before you apply. We won't be able to take your application further if you have a conflict of interest relating to the committee's work. This could be financial or non-financial.
If you have any questions about the role or recruitment process, contact Vanessa Nunes at VNunes@rcog.org.uk.
About our committees
Our committees develop and update our guidance. A diverse range of professionals and lay people take part.