Who we're looking for and what's involved
We're looking for chairs to lead several of our guideline committees over the next year. We welcome applications from skilled and experienced leaders with:
- a track record of chairing national or high profile multi-professional committees or working groups
- a commitment to evidence-based practice or medicine
- experience of guideline development processes (ideally).
Time commitment: up to 3 years (from when the guideline starts).
The topics we'll be looking at
We expect to start work on the following guideline topics this year:
- asthma - diagnosis, monitoring and chronic asthma management
- fractures (complex) - assessment and management
- atopic eczema in under 12s.
Please note, this list is indicative and could change. We'll allocate chairs to a specific guideline after their appointment.
How to apply
- Read the information for applicants (PDF). This will tell you more about:
- the role description and person specification
- expenses and how to claim
- the recruitment and selection process.
- We need:
- A cover letter. It should explain how you meet the criteria in the person specification and your motivation for applying for the post.
- A short CV.
And these completed forms:
- Applicant information - with details of 2 referees (Word).
- Declaration of interests (Word). Make sure you read our information below on declaring conflicts of interest before you apply.
- Equality monitoring (Word).
Attach those documents to an email and send to Rebecca Parsons at email@example.com.
Closing date: 5pm, Friday 12 April 2019.
Interview date: Monday 13 May 2019.
Declaring conflicts of interest
Make sure you read our declaration of interests policy and supporting frequently asked questions before you apply. We won't be able to take your application further if you have a conflict of interest relating to the committee's work. This could be financial or non-financial.
If you have any questions about the role or recruitment process, contact Rebecca Parsons at firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 0161 870 3073.
About our committees
Our committees develop and update our guidance. A diverse range of professionals and lay people take part.