About the role
5pm, Wednesday 28 August 2019.
Up to 3 years.
Who we're looking for
People with an understanding of diabetes and the issues important to patients, people using services and unpaid carers, in 4 different areas.
Type 1 diabetes
We are looking for people who have experience or knowledge in the following specific areas
- late-onset type 1 diabetes
- blood glucose management
- insulin therapy.
Type 2 diabetes
We are looking for people who have experience or knowledge in the following specific areas:
- blood glucose management in type 2 diabetes, including the use of insulin
- complications of type 2 diabetes.
Diabetes in children and young people (types 1 and 2)
We are looking to recruit a young person aged between 16-26 with experience of either type 1 or type 2 diabetes to take part in this work. We would like applicants to have experience or knowledge in the following areas:
- flash glucose monitoring
- fluid and insulin therapy for children and young people in ketoacidosis
- screening for diabetic eye problems.
Diabetes in pregnancy
We are looking for a lay member with experience of diabetes in pregnancy, specifically in the following areas:
- continuous glucose monitoring for pregnant women who have diabetes
- continuous glucose monitoring for women who are planning to become pregnant.
Contact Mark Rasburn at email@example.com, tel: 0161 219 3880.
How to apply
- Read the following:
- Fill in the following forms:
- Attach those documents in an email and send to the Public Involvement Programme recruitment team at PIPrecruitment@nice.org.uk.
Expenses and benefits
For more information about the attendance fee, what you can claim for, and how the fee could affect benefit payments, read our guides: