We are looking for members to join the children and young people with disabilities and severe complex needs guideline committee.
We are looking for:
A health and/or social care professional with demonstrable relevant experience and health and social knowledge in the field of disabilities and severe complex needs. We're looking for:
- a social worker
- an educationalist with a ‘special needs’ remit
- a local authority service manager
- a speech and language therapist
- an occupational therapist (preferably from a social care context)
- a commissioner of children's services (clinical commissioning group)
- a community nurse or health visitor (children’s or learning disability nurse)
- a person working in a third sector or voluntary organisation (with experience working with children and young people with disabilities)
- a home care worker or personal assistant for children and young people with disabilities.
We're also looking for co-opted members and welcome applicants from a health and/or social care professional with demonstrable relevant experience and health and social care knowledge in the field of disabilities and severe complex needs. We're looking for:
- a lawyer
- a community or youth worker (running a children's club, for example a Phab Club or similar)
- a GP.
Any questions? Contact Moira Mugglestone at MMugglestone@rcog.org.uk.
How to apply
- Read information for applicants (PDF) for:
- role description and person specification
- expenses and how to claim
- recruitment and selection process .
- We need the following documents:
- A cover letter, explaining how you meet the criteria in the person specification and your motivation for applying for the post.
- A short CV.
- Applicant information form - with details of 2 referees (word doc).
- Declaration of interests form (word doc) - please read our declaration of interests policy and supporting frequently asked questions, for guidance on what should be declared.
- Equality monitoring form (word doc).
Attach those documents in an email and send to Beth Whittaker at NGAapplications@rcog.org.uk.