The following resources are available for those involved in the NICE Student Champion Scheme
Generic peer-peer workshop resources
Evidence search resources
Evidence Search resources - 2019-2020 Zip file 8.5 Mb
- NICE Evidence Search: a quick guide
- NICE Evidence Search reference slide set
- Evidence-type definitions
- Teaching Tips
- Fastest Fingers First quiz
- Top tips from previous champions
- 2019-2020 cascade facilitator checklist
- 2019-2020 cascade facilitator preparation
- Suggested format for cascade session
- 2019-2020 final report template
Journal articles and poster presentations
- Peer teaching and information retrieval: the role of the NICE Evidence search student champion scheme in enhancing students’ confidence, Laura Sbaffi, Elaine Hallsworth, Anne Weist, Health Information and Libraries Journal, 11 January 2018.
- Student-led promotion of evidence-based healthcare, Michael Daldry, Lorna Burns, Inspire Student Health Sciences Research Journal, October 24, 2017.
- NICE Evidence Search: Student peers' views on their Involvement as Trainers in Peer-based Information Literacy Training, Laura Sbaffi, Frances Johnson, Jillian Griffiths, Jennifer Rowley , Anne Weist, The Journal of Academic Librarianship, Volume 41, Issue 2, March 2015, Pages 201–206.
- Peer-based information literacy training: Insights from the NICE Evidence Search Student Champion Scheme,
Jennifer Rowley , Frances Johnson, Laura Sbaffi, Anne Weist, Library & Information Science Research 37 Pages 277-84 December 2015.
- Swansea Medical School: The NICE Student Champion Scheme - inspiring and developing medical students as future leaders in healthcare improvement. (Feb 2012) Dean, S. et al
- Bart’s and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, QMUL: Reducing students' doubts in evidence- based medicine. (August 2013) Perera, M.
- Bart’s and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry, QMUL: Reflections on the benefits of introducing NICE Student Champion Scheme: an action research study. (August 2013) Boparai, A. et al
- Keele Medical School: Peer teaching of
evidence basedmedicine to undergraduate students. (August 2013) Rees, E.
- Leicester Medical School: Fitness for Practice: How Can Junior Doctors Ensure They Keep Up To Date? (June 2014) Knight, K. et al
- Birmingham Medical School: NICE Evidence Search Student Champion Scheme: Evaluating Student-Owned Learning. (June 2014) Loveridge, S.
- Cambridge Medical School: NICE Student Champions: A paradigm, for peer to peer teaching in evidence based medicine. (January 2016) Tahira, A. et al
- Bristol University, School of Oral and Dental Science: NICE Evidence Search Student Champion Scheme: training peers to value evidence-based dentistry through NICE Evidence Search (November 2016) Hague, A et al