Chronic heart failure (partial update): draft scope consultation
NICE have been asked to develop a clinical practice guideline on Chronic heart failure (partial update) for use in the NHS in England, Wales and Northern Ireland. The draft scope defines what aspects of care the guideline will cover and to whom it will apply. Registered stakeholders for this guideline are invited to submit comments on the scope and may suggest clinical questions that could be answered in the guideline.
Although individuals and organisations not registered as stakeholders are able to comment, we recommend that you contact the registered stakeholder organisation that most closely represents your interests and pass your comments to them. We work closely with stakeholder organisations and take their views very seriously.
Consultation dates: 13 October – 14 November 2008
How to submit your comments:
Please use the comments proforma and return by email to Heartfailureupdate@nice.org.uk or on a disk to:
National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence
71 High Holborn
The Institute is unable to accept:
- More than one response per stakeholder organisation
- Comments received after the consultation deadline
- Comments that are not on the correct proforma
- Confidential information or other material that you would not wish to be made public
- Personal medical information about yourself or another person from which your or the person's identity could be ascertained.
What will happen to your comments:
- All comments (with the exception of personal, individual comments and late comments) will be sent to the developers at the end of the consultation
- Comments from registered stakeholders and nominated expert reviewers ONLY will be formally responded to by the developers and posted on the NICE website after the final scope is published.
- No action will be taken upon receipt of personal, individual comments and late comments.
- PLEASE NOTE: The Institute reserves the right to summarise and edit comments received during consultations, or not to publish them at all, where in the reasonable opinion of the Institute, the comments are voluminous, publication would be unlawful or publication would be otherwise inappropriate.
Acknowledgement of comments:
You should receive an automated acknowledgement from the email box when you email your comments. If you do not receive this acknowledgement, please contact the relevant Guidelines Coordinator to ensure your comments have been safely received.
Comments received in the course or consultations carried out by the Institute are published in the interests of openness and transparency, and to promote understanding of how recommendations are developed. The comments are published as a record of the submissions that the Institute has received, and are not endorsed by the Institute, its officers or advisory committees.
Consultation on draft guideline: TBC
Anticipated publication date: TBC
This page was last updated: 30 March 2010