Research recommendation(s) from an individual piece of guidance
- Colorectal cancer prevention: colonoscopic surveillance in adults with ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease or adenomas
- Date issued:
Research recommendations coming out of this guidance
- Surveillance programmes for people at increased risk of colorectal cancer:- How effective are colonoscopic surveillance programmes in improving overall survival and cancer-related survival in people at increased risk of colorectal cancer?
- Natural history of progression to colorectal cancer in people at increased risk:- What is the natural history of progression to colorectal cancer in people with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) or adenomas?
- Effectiveness of biomarkers for determining level of risk of colorectal cancer:- Which biomarkers, including epigenic and genetic markers, are predictors of colorectal cancer? How should these be used to improve risk stratification?
- Adenoma types and risk of colorectal cancer:- Does the risk of colorectal cancer depend on the type of adenoma?