Research recommendation(s) from an individual piece of guidance
|Guidance||Multiple pregnancy: antenatal care for twin and triplet pregnancies|
|Date issued||September 2011|
Research recommendations coming out of this guidance
- Information and emotional support:- Does additional information and emotional support improve outcomes in twin and triplet pregnancies?
- Specialist care:- Does specialist antenatal care for women with twin and triplet pregnancies improve outcomes for women and their babies?
- Monitoring for intrauterine growth restriction:- What is the pattern of fetal growth in healthy twin and triplet pregnancies, and how should intrauterine growth restriction be defined in twin and triplet pregnancies?
- Preventing preterm birth:- What interventions are effective in preventing spontaneous preterm birth in women with twin and triplet pregnancies, especially in those at high risk of preterm birth?
- Indications for referral to a tertiary level fetal medicine centre:- What is the incidence of monochorionic monoamniotic twin and triplet pregnancies, and what clinical management strategies are most effective in such pregnancies?
- Timing of birth:- What is the incidence of perinatal and neonatal morbidity and mortality in babies born by elective birth in twin and triplet pregnancies?