Research recommendation(s) from an individual piece of guidance
- Falls in older people: assessing risk and prevention
- Date issued:
Research recommendations coming out of this guidance
- Environmental adaptations aimed at reducing the risk of falling in older inpatients:- What environmental adaptations can be made in existing inpatient units, and should be considered when inpatient units are built, to reduce the risk of falls and injuries in older inpatients?
- Prevalence of risk factors for falling in older inpatients:- Which risk factors for falling that can be treated, improved or managed during the hospital stay are most prevalent in older patients who fall in inpatient settings in the UK?
- Causes of unwitnessed falls among older inpatients:- What are the causes of unwitnessed falls among older inpatients?
- Interventions for preventing falls in older inpatients:- How can falls among older inpatients be prevented? Which patients are most likely to benefit from falls prevention interventions, and does the effectiveness of interventions relate to the patient's length of stay?