Research recommendation(s) from an individual piece of guidance
- Neuropathic pain in adults: pharmacological management in non-specialist settings
- Date issued:
Research recommendations coming out of this guidance
- Monotherapy versus combination therapy for treating neuropathic pain:- What is the clinical effectiveness, cost effectiveness and tolerability of pharmacological monotherapy compared with combination therapy for treating neuropathic pain?
- Relationship between symptoms, cause of neuropathic pain and its treatment:- Is response to pharmacological treatment predicted more reliably by underlying aetiology or by symptom characteristics?
- Carbamazepine for treating trigeminal neuralgia:- What is the clinical and cost effectiveness of carbamazepine as initial treatment for trigeminal neuralgia compared with other pharmacological treatments?
- Factors affecting participation and quality of life:- What are the key factors, including additional care and support, that influence participation and quality of life in people with neuropathic pain?
- Impact of drug-related adverse effects on cost effectiveness and quality of life:- What is the impact of drug-related adverse effects on health economics and quality of life in neuropathic pain?
- Potential for dependence associated with pharmacological drugs for neuropathic pain:- Is there a potential for dependence associated with pharmacological agents for neuropathic pain?