Research recommendation(s) from an individual piece of guidance
|Guidance||Psychosis and schizophrenia in adults: prevention and management|
|Date issued||February 2014|
Research recommendations coming out of this guidance
- Peer support interventions:- What is the clinical and cost effectiveness of peer support interventions in people with psychosis and schizophrenia?
- People who choose not to take antipsychotic medication:- What is the clinical and cost effectiveness of psychological intervention alone, compared with treatment as usual, in people with psychosis or schizophrenia who choose not to take antipsychotic medication?
- The physical health benefits of discontinuing antipsychotic medication:- What are the short- and long-term benefits to physical health of guided medication discontinuation and/or reduction in first episode psychosis and can this be achieved without major risks?
- Maintaining the benefits of early intervention in psychosis services after discharge:- How can the benefits of early intervention in psychosis services be maintained once service users are discharged after 3 years?
- Interventions for PTSD symptoms in people with psychosis and schizophrenia:- What is the benefit of a CBT-based trauma reprocessing intervention on PTSD symptoms in people with psychosis and schizophrenia?