Research recommendation(s) from an individual piece of guidance
- Cardiovascular disease: risk assessment and reduction, including lipid modification
- Date issued:
Research recommendations coming out of this guidance
- What is the effectiveness of age alone and other routinely available risk factors compared with the formal structured multifactorial risk assessment to identify people at high risk of developing CVD?
- What is the improvement in the cost-effectiveness metrics for statin therapy in reducing CVD that can be obtained when using a complete individual patient-based outcomes meta-analysis data set compared with using published outcomes data?
- What is the effectiveness of statin therapy in older people?
- What is the effectiveness of statins and/or other LDL-cholesterol-lowering treatment in people with type 1 diabetes?
- What is the clinical effectiveness and rate of adverse events of statin therapy using atorvastatin 20 mg per day compared with atorvastatin 40 mg per day and atorvastatin 80 mg per day in people without established CVD?