Research recommendation(s) from an individual piece of guidance
- Chronic kidney disease in adults: assessment and management
- Date issued:
Research recommendations coming out of this guidance
- Does the provision of educational and supportive interventions to people with chronic kidney disease (CKD) by healthcare professionals increase patients' skills and confidence in managing their conditions and improve clinical outcomes?
- For people with CKD at the highest risk of cardiovascular disease, what is the clinical effectiveness of low-dose aspirin compared with placebo for primary prevention of cardiovascular disease?
- For people aged over 75 years with CKD, what is the clinical effectiveness of renin–angiotensin–aldosterone system (RAAS) antagonists?
In people with CKD who are at high risk of progression, what is the clinical and cost effectiveness
of uric acid-lowering agents on the progression of CKD and on mortality?
- In people with hyperparathyroidism secondary to CKD, does treatment with vitamin D or vitamin D analogues improve patient-related outcomes?