The clinical guideline for CG189 Obesity: identification, assessment and management has been checked by NICE for the need for update. This 2018 surveillance review has taken into account 2 NICE guidelines on the theme of obesity:
- Obesity: identification, assessment and management. NICE guideline CG189 (November 2014)
- BMI: preventing ill health and premature death in black, Asian and other minority ethnic groups. NICE guideline PH46 (July 2013)
Registered stakeholders for NICE guideline CG189 are invited to comment on the provisional decision via this website.
To comment on the review proposal for NICE guideline PH46, refer to the respective website.
Organisations not registered as stakeholders are not able to comment, we recommend that you register as a stakeholder or you contact the registered stakeholder organisation that most closely represents your interests and pass your comments to them.
Note that the provisional review decision presented here does not constitute NICE's formal decision on this guideline. The decision is provisional and may change after consultation.
Consultation dates: Monday 19 March 2018 (9am) to Tuesday 3 April 2018 (5pm)
How to submit your comments:
Please provide all responses to the review proposal document using the comments form (ensuring all relevant fields are completed, including your organisation’s full name) and forward this by email before 5pm on Tuesday 3 April 2018 to the following email address:
NICE is unable to accept:
- Comments from non-registered organisations – if you wish your comments to be considered please register via the NICE website
- Comments received after the consultation deadline (Tuesday 3 April 2018 at 5pm)
- Comments that are not on the correct form
- More than one response per stakeholder organisation
- Confidential information or other material that you would not wish to be made public
- Personal medical information about yourself or another person from which your or the person’s identity could be ascertained.
What will happen to your comments?
- Comments from registered stakeholders and nominated expert reviewers ONLY will be sent to the review team at the end of the consultation. These will inform the final decision made by the NICE Guidance Executive.
- No action will be taken upon receipt of personal, individual comments, comments from non-registered organisations and late comments.
Anticipated review decision publication date: May 2018
This page was last updated: 19 March 2018