Dental recall clinical guideline - first consultation
A clinical practice guideline on Dental recall is being developed for use in
the NHS in England and Wales. Registered stakeholders for the Dental recall
guideline are invited to comment on the provisional guideline recommendations
via this website.
Although individuals and organisations not registered as stakeholders are able to comment, we recommend that you contact the registered stakeholder organisation that most closely represents your interests and pass your comments to them. We work closely with stakeholder organisations and take their views very seriously.
- List of registered stakeholders and information on the progress for this guideline
topic - Click
Note that the provisional guideline recommendations presented here do
not constitute the Institute's formal guidance on this guideline topic. The
recommendations are provisional and may change after consultation.
CONSULTATION DATES: 24 February - 23 March 2004
The full version describes the evidence and views that have been
considered, and sets out the provisional guideline recommendations that have
been developed. It is important that you read this first to understand the
background to the recommendations.
The (NICE) short version presents the provisional guideline recommendations
with some brief supporting information only.
Points to consider in the first consultation:
- points or areas that are not covered, but which appear to fall within the
scope of the guideline
- potential inconsistencies or any disagreement with the Guideline Development
Group's interpretation of the evidence
- the practical value of the provisional guideline recommendations and audit
- Issues of style and format; for example, stakeholders may feel that the
information could be made more readable and easy to follow.
A third version of this guideline - Information for the Public - is yet to be developed, and will be available for comment in the 2nd round.
How to submit your comments:
- Please use the comments proforma above and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or on a disk to:
National Institute for Clinical Excellence
71 High Holborn
The Institute is unable to accept:
- More than one response per stakeholder organisation
- Comments received after the consultation deadline
- Comments that are not on the correct proforma
- Confidential information or other material that you would not wish to be made public
- Personal medical information about yourself or another person from which your or the person's identity could be ascertained.
What will happen to your comments:
- All comments (with the exception of personal, individual comments) will be sent to the developers at the end of the consultation
- Comment from registered stakeholders ONLY will be formally responded to by the developers and posted on the NICE website after the final guidelines are published
- Personal, individual comments will be forwarded to the Patient Involvement Unit for NICE, who will consider them when making their response.
Acknowledgement of comments:
You should receive an automated acknowledgement from the email box when you email your comments. If you do not receive this acknowledgement, please contact the relevant Guidelines Coordinator to ensure they have been safely received.
2nd round consultation dates: 7 May - 4 June 2004
Anticipated publication date: September 2004
- We have answered some frequently asked questions on our clinical guidelines - click here
- For more information on NICE's guideline development process - click here
This page was last updated: 30 March 2010