Research recommendation(s) from an individual piece of guidance
- Intrapartum care for healthy women and babies
- Date issued:
Research recommendations coming out of this guidance
How does the provision of accurate, evidence-based information affect women's decision-making
processes and choice of place of birth?
- What are the long-term consequences for women and babies of planning birth in different settings?
- Does enhanced education specifically about the latent first stage of labour increase the number of nulliparous women who wait until they are in established labour before attending the obstetric or midwifery unit (or calling the midwife to a home birth), compared with women who do not receive this education?
- What is the most effective treatment for primary postpartum haemorrhage?
- What are the natural frequencies of the avoidable harms that cardiotocography is intended to prevent for women who are assessed as being at low risk of complications at the start of labour? Does using cardiotocography in labours where complications develop confer a net benefit compared with intermittent auscultation?