Research recommendation(s) from an individual piece of guidance
- Antenatal and postnatal mental health: clinical management and service guidance
- Date issued:
Research recommendations coming out of this guidance
- What methods can improve the identification of women at high risk of postpartum psychosis and reduce this risk?
How safe are drugs used to treat bipolar disorder in pregnancy and the postnatal period?
- Are interventions designed to improve the quality of the mother–baby relationship in the first year after childbirth effective in women with a diagnosed mental health problem?
- Is structured clinical management for moderate to severe personality disorders in pregnancy and the postnatal period effective at improving outcomes for women and their babies?
- Are psychological interventions effective for treating moderate to severe anxiety disorders (including obsessive-compulsive disorder, panic disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder and social anxiety disorder) in pregnancy?