Clinical guidance on obesity is being developed for use in the NHS in England and Wales. Registered stakeholders for the obesity guidance are invited to comment on the provisional recommendations via this website.
Although individuals and organisations not registered as stakeholders are able to comment, we recommend that you contact the registered stakeholder organisation that most closely represents your interests and pass your comments to them. We work closely with stakeholder organisations and take their views very seriously.
Note that the provisional recommendations presented here do not constitute the Institute's formal guidance on this topic. The recommendations are provisional and may change after consultation.
Consultation dates: 16 March – 11 May 2006
The full version describes the evidence and views that have been considered, and sets out the provisional recommendations that have been developed.
The (NICE) short version presents the provisional recommendations only with some brief supporting information.
Points to consider in the consultation:
- Points or areas that are not covered, but which appear to fall within the scope of the guidance.
- Potential inconsistencies or any disagreement with the Guideline Development Groups interpretation of the evidence.
- The practical value of the provisional recommendations.
- Issues of style and format; for example, stakeholders may feel that the information could be made more readable and easy to follow.
How to submit your comments:
Please use the comments proforma above and return by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or on a disk to:
National Institute for Health & Clinical Excellence
71 High Holborn
The Institute is unable to accept:
- more than one response per stakeholder organisation
- comments received after the consultation deadline
- comments that are not on the correct proforma
- confidential information or other material that you would not wish to be made public
- personal medical information about yourself or another person from which your or the person’s identity could be ascertained.
What will happen to your comments
- All comments (with the exception of personal, individual comments) will be sent to the developers at the end of the consultation.
- Comment from registered stakeholders ONLY will be formally responded to by the developers and posted on the NICE website after the final guidance is published.
- Personal, individual comments will be forwarded to the Patient and Public Involvement Programme for NICE, who will consider them when making their response.
Acknowledgement of comments
You should receive an automated acknowledgement from the email box when you email your comments. If you do not receive this acknowledgement, please contact the relevant Guidelines Coordinator to ensure they have been safely received.
Anticipated publication date: November 2006
- We have answered some frequently asked questions on our clinical guidelines
- For more information on NICE’s guideline development process
This page was last updated: 30 March 2010