We use the best available evidence to develop recommendations that guide decisions in health, public health and social care.
- New guidance in the last 6 months (3)
- Updated guidance in the last 6 months (0)
- In development guidance (0)
Critical assessment of evidence to help you make decisions. Advice, rather than formal NICE guidance.
- New advice in the last 6 months (0)
- Updated advice in the last 6 months (0)
- In development advice (0)
Set out priority areas for quality improvement in health and social care.
- New quality standards in the last 6 months (0)
- Updated quality standards in the last 6 months (0)
- In development quality standards (0)
Guidance by programme
Review the evidence across broad health and social care topics.
Reviews the clinical and cost-effectiveness of new treatments.
Assessments of whether procedures are safe enough and work well enough for wider use in the NHS.
Advice by programme
Review the best available evidence for selected medicines.
Products being developed or updated
Putting guidance into practice
Examples of how our guidance and standards have been put into practice in the NHS, local authorities, voluntary sector and a range of other organisations.
Showing 2 of 2 shared learning examples for this topic:
Eradicating HIV, is it possible?
In this podcast:
- Dr Nicky O’Connor from Public Health England talks about how HIV testing has increased and the number of cases has fallen dramatically.
- Ross talks about the stigma of HIV.
- Sue describes how it feels to be diagnosed with HIV.