The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) is producing guidance on using PlGF‑based testing in the NHS in England. The Diagnostics Advisory Committee has considered the evidence submitted and the views of expert advisers.
This document has been prepared for public consultation. It summarises the evidence and views that have been considered, and sets out the draft recommendations made by the Committee. NICE invites comments from registered stakeholders, healthcare professionals and the public.
The Advisory Committee is interested in receiving comments on the following:
- Has all of the relevant evidence been taken into account?
- Are the summaries of clinical and cost effectiveness reasonable interpretations of the evidence?
- Are the provisional recommendations sound, and a suitable basis for guidance to the NHS?
NICE is committed to promoting equality of opportunity, eliminating unlawful discrimination and fostering good relations between women with particular protected characteristics and others. Please let us know if you think that the preliminary recommendations may need changing in order to meet these aims. In particular, please tell us if the preliminary recommendations:
- could have a different impact on women protected by the equality legislation than on the wider population, for example by making it more difficult in practice for a specific group to access the technology
- could have any adverse impact on women with a particular disability or disabilities.
Note that this document is not NICE's final guidance on PlGF‑based testing to help assess suspected pre-eclampsia. The recommendations in section 1 may change after consultation.
After consultation, the Committee will meet again to consider the evidence, this document and comments from the consultation. After considering these comments, the Committee will prepare its final recommendations, which will be the basis for NICE’s guidance on the use of the technology in the NHS in England.
For further details, see the Diagnostics assessment programme manual (available at https://www.nice.org.uk/About/What-we-do/Our-Programmes/NICE-guidance/NICE-diagnostics-guidance).
Closing date for comments: 11 January 2016
Third Diagnostics Advisory Committee meeting: 10 February 2016
This page was last updated: 16 December 2015