What we need
We need the following information for the guideline we are developing on people’s experience in adult social care services: Improving the experience of care for people using adult social care services. The areas set out below address the questions identified in our final scope, and we are interested in both qualitative and quantitative evidence in all of these areas:
- Evidence about people’s experience of adult social care services, and the aspects of services that they value
- Evidence about the barriers and facilitators to improving the experience of adults using social care services
- Evidence about how the experience of people using adult social care services is gathered, evaluated and used to improve services locally, and how effective this is
- Evidence about the effectiveness and cost effectiveness of tools and interventions designed to support people’s engagement in improving their adult social care services.
We would specifically like to identify evidence about how the experiences of people using adult social care services have been used to inform service improvement efforts locally, and how effective this has been.
We are particularly interested in information promoting equality of opportunity relating to age, disability, gender, gender identity, ethnicity, religion and belief sexual orientation or socio-economic status.
We would like:
- information published since 2000
- unpublished information related to research since 2000, including any ongoing research or commercial information.
We cannot accept promotional material, non-evidence-based assertions of effectiveness or opinion pieces.
Send only the details of published information (to include author/s, title, date, journal or publication details, including volume and issue number, and page numbers). Do not send a pdf/Word document or paper copy.
For unpublished information, send:
paper or electronic copies of other relevant unpublished information.
Highlight any confidential sections (unpublished research or commercially sensitive information) in unpublished information. For more details about this, see our guidelines manual.
Complete the Call for evidence response form (and for confidential information, the Call for evidence response form Confidentiality checklist), including the declaration of any links with, or funding from, the tobacco industry.
Email NCCSC@scie.org.uk this form with any relevant information by 5pm on 30th March 2016.
Send paper copies to:
NICE Collaborating Centre for Social Care
Social Care Institute for Excellence
Kinnaird House, 1 Pall Mall East
We look forward to receiving information and thank you in advance for your help.
This page was last updated: 18 March 2016