Senza for delivering high frequency spinal cord stimulation to treat chronic neuropathic pain: Draft guidance
The NICE medical technologies advisory committee (MTAC) has made draft recommendations on this technology following consideration of the evidence and expert views at a meeting on Friday 22 September 2017.
A consultation document has been prepared and is available below for public comment. It summarises the evidence and views that have been considered and sets out the recommendations made by the committee. NICE invites comments from any individual or organisation with an interest in the technology and/or clinical area. The consultation document should be read in conjunction with the evidence (see the supporting documents).
The committee is interested in receiving comments on the following:
- Has all of the relevant evidence been taken into account?
- Are the summaries of clinical and cost consequences reasonable interpretations of the evidence?
- Are the recommendations sound and a suitable basis for guidance to the NHS?
- Are there any aspects of the recommendations that need particular consideration to ensure we avoid unlawful discrimination against any group of people on the grounds of race, gender, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation, age, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity?
Please note that this document is not NICE's final guidance on this technology.
- The medical technologies advisory committee will meet again to consider this consultation document and all comments received.
- After considering these comments, the committee will prepare their final recommendations.
- Subject to any resolution requests by consultees, the final recommendations will form the basis for NICE’s medical technology guidance on this technology.
For further details, see NICE’s guide to how we develop medical technologies guidance.
Please see here for key dates for this evaluation. The public consultation period will run for four weeks (from 9:00am on Monday 06 November 2017 until 5:00pm on Monday 04 December 2017.
Please submit your comments by signing into your NICE account via the link above. If you have any issues then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This page was last updated: 06 November 2017