The NICE medical technologies advisory committee (MTAC) has made draft recommendations on this technology following consideration of the evidence and expert views at a meeting on 27 July 2020.
A consultation document has been prepared and is available for public comment. It summarises the evidence and views that have been considered and sets out the recommendations made by the committee. NICE invites comments from the public. The consultation document - Draft guideline (Online commenting) -should be read along with the evidence (see the Supporting documentation).
The advisory committee is interested in receiving comments on the following:
- Has all of the relevant evidence been taken into account?
- Are the summaries of clinical and resource savings reasonable interpretations of the evidence?
- Are the recommendations sound and a suitable basis for guidance to the NHS?
- Are there any equality issues that need special consideration and are not covered in the medical technology consultation document?
Please note that this document is not NICE's final guidance on this technology. The recommendations in the consultation document may change after consultation.
- The medical technologies advisory committee will meet again to consider this consultation document and all comments received.
- After considering these comments, the committee will prepare their final recommendations.
- Subject to any resolution requests by consultees, the final recommendations will form the basis for NICE’s medical technology guidance on this technology.
For further details, see NICE’s guide to how we develop medical technologies guidance.
Please see here for key dates for this evaluation. The public consultation period will run for four weeks (from 11 September until 5:00pm on 09 October 2020.
Please submit your comments by signing into your NICE account via the link above. If you have any issues then please contact email@example.com.
For more information about how we process your personal data please see our privacy notice.
This page was last updated: