Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in over 16s: diagnosis and management (update): Draft guidance consultation
You can now review and comment on this draft guideline.
The consultation closes on 6 August 2018 at 5pm
How to comment
1. Register your organisation or comment as an individual
If you’re commenting for an organisation, your organisation needs to be registered as a stakeholder.
Not eligible? Contact the stakeholder organisation that most closely represents your interests and pass your comments to them.
We can accept comments from individuals. These will be considered, but you won’t get a formal response and they won’t be posted on the NICE website. Wherever possible we encourage you to submit your comments through a registered stakeholder organisation.
2. Read the consultation documents
Documents to comment on:
- Short version of draft guideline
- Evidence reviews
- Evidence review A - Managing pulmonary hypertension and cor pulmonale
- Evidence review B - Oxygen therapy in people with stable COPD
- Evidence review C - Self-management interventions, education and telehealth monitoring
- Evidence review D - Diagnosing COPD and predicting outcomes
- Evidence review E - Predicting and preventing exacerbations
- Evidence review F - Inhaled therapies
- Evidence review G - Referral criteria for lung volume reduction procedures, bullectomy or lung transplantation
- Key research recommendations from CG101
- Economic report
- Economic model
If you want to review the economic model, please see 5. Economic models below and fill in the confidentiality form.
Other information about the consultation
- Equality impact assessment 3
- Supporting documentation - Algorithm
- Committee member list
- Developing NICE guidelines: how to get involved
3. Add your comments
- You must use this Comments form.
- You must declare any links with, or funding from, the tobacco industry
If you share similar views with another organisation, send a joint response.
Make sure you consider:
- The areas that will have the biggest impact on practice and be challenging to implement
- How to help users overcome challenges
Developing NICE guidelines: how to get involved suggests some other areas to comment on.
4. Email the form to us
Deadline: 06/08/2018 at 5pm
5. Economic model
The developer has produced an economic model to support the guideline on Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in over 16s: diagnosis and management (update) (Dec 2018). To receive an executable version of this model, please submit a request to COPDupdate@nice.org.uk with a signed copy of the confidentiality acknowledgement and undertaking form.
We will then send you a link to an executable version of the economic model by email. The deadline for returning your comments is the same as for the guideline consultation: 5pm on 6 August 2018.
6. Read the consultation documents for our guideline on antimicrobial prescribing for Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (acute exacerbation)
If you wish to also submit comments for our guideline on antimicrobial prescribing for Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (acute exacerbation), you can find instructions at the consultation page for this guideline.
This page was last updated: 09 July 2018