Draft guidance consultation
You can now review and comment on this draft guideline.
The consultation closes on Friday 18 October 2019 at 5pm.
How to comment
1. Register your organisation or comment as an individual
If you’re commenting for an organisation, your organisation needs to be registered as a stakeholder.
Not eligible? Contact the stakeholder organisation that most closely represents your interests and pass your comments to them.
We can accept comments from individuals. These will be considered, but you won’t get a formal response and they won’t be posted on the NICE website. Wherever possible we encourage you to submit your comments through a registered stakeholder organisation.
2. Read the consultation documents
Documents to comment on:
- Draft guideline - just the recommendations
- Evidence reviews
- Evidence review A1 - Predictors of enteral feeding
- Evidence review A2 - Optimal timeframe to start parenteral nutrition
- Evidence review B - Venous access
- Evidence review C - energy needs
- Evidence review D1 - Glucose
- Evidence review D2 - Amino acids
- Evidence review D3 - Lipids
- Evidence review D4 - Lipid emulsions
- Evidence review D5 - Iron
- Evidence review D6 - Acetate
- Evidence review D7 - Ratio of non-nitrogen energy to nitrogen
- Evidence review D8 - Ratio of carbohydrates to lipids
- Evidence review D9 - Ratio of calcium to phosphate
- Evidence review D10 - Ration of phosphate to amino acid
- Evidence review E - Standardised neonatal parenteral nutrition formulations
- Evidence review F - Monitoring neonatal parenteral nutrition
- Evidence review G - Stopping parenteral nutrition
- Evidence review H - Service design
- Evidence review I - Information and support
- Evidence review J - General principles
- Guideline appendices
- Economic model report
- Economic model
If you want to review the economic model, please see 5. Economic models below and fill in the confidentiality form.
Other information about the consultation
- Equality impact assessment
- Committee member list and register of interests
- Developing NICE guidelines: how to get involved
3. Add your comments
- You must use this comments form.
- You must declare any links with, or funding from, the tobacco industry
If you share similar views with another organisation, send a joint response.
Make sure you consider:
- The areas that will have the biggest impact on practice and be challenging to implement
- How to help users overcome challenges
Developing NICE guidelines: how to get involved suggests some other areas to comment on.
4. Email the form to us
Deadline: 5pm, Friday 18 October 2019.
5. Economic model
The developer has produced an economic model to support the guideline on Neonatal parenteral nutrition. To receive an executable version of this model, please submit a request to PNNeonates@nice.org.uk with a signed copy of the confidentiality acknowledgement and undertaking form.
We will then send you a link to an executable version of the economic model by email. The deadline for returning your comments is the same as for the guideline consultation: 5pm. Friday 18 October 2019.
This page was last updated: