Draft guidance consultation
You can now review and comment on this draft guideline.
NICE worked with the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists to develop this guideline.
The consultation closes on 31 May 2019 at 5pm
How to comment
1. Register your organisation or comment as an individual
If you’re commenting for an organisation, your organisation needs to be registered as a stakeholder.
Not eligible? Contact the stakeholder organisation that most closely represents your interests and pass your comments to them.
We can accept comments from individuals. These will be considered, but you won’t get a formal response and they won’t be posted on the NICE website. Wherever possible we encourage you to submit your comments through a registered stakeholder organisation.
2. Read the consultation documents
Documents to comment on:
- Draft guideline – just the recommendations
- Evidence review A – Accessibility and sustainability of ToP services
- Evidence review B – Information needs of women undergoing a ToP
- Evidence review C – Anti-D prophylaxis for women up to 13+6 weeks’ gestation
- Evidence review D – Antibiotic prophylaxis for medical and surgical ToP
- Evidence review E – VTE prophylaxis for women having ToP
- Evidence review F – ToP before ultrasound evidence
- Evidence review G – Expulsion at home for early medical ToP
- Evidence review H - Simultaneous versus delayed mifepristone + misoprostol administration for medical ToP up to 10+0 weeks’ gestation
- Evidence review I – Follow-up after medical ToP before 10+1 weeks
- Evidence review J – Misoprostol after mifepristone for including medical ToP between 10+1 to 24+0 weeks’ gestation
- Evidence review K – Medical versus surgical ToP between 13+0 and 24+0 weeks’ gestation
- Evidence review L – Medical ToP after 24 weeks’ gestation
- Evidence review M – Cervical priming before surgical ToP
- Evidence review N – Anaesthesia or sedation for surgical ToP
- Evidence review O– Support after ToP
- Evidence review P – Contraception after ToP
- Supporting documentation – Methods
- Supporting documentation – Economic model report
- Supporting documentation - NGA team list
If you want to review the economic model, please see 5. Economic models below and fill in the confidentiality form.
Other information about the consultation
- Equality impact assessment
- Committee membership list and DOI register
- Developing NICE guidelines: how to get involved
3. Add your comments
- You must use this comments form.
- You must declare any links with, or funding from, the tobacco industry
If you share similar views with another organisation, send a joint response.
Make sure you consider:
- The areas that will have the biggest impact on practice and be challenging to implement
- How to help users overcome challenges
Developing NICE guidelines: how to get involved suggests some other areas to comment on.
4. Email the form to us
Deadline: 5pm on 31 May 2019
5. Economic model
The developer has produced an economic model to support the guideline on termination of pregnancy. To receive an executable version of this model, please submit a request to ToP@nice.org.uk with a signed copy of the confidentiality acknowledgement and undertaking form.
We will then send you a link to an executable version of the economic model by email. The deadline for returning your comments is the same as for the guideline consultation: 5pm on 31 May 2019.
This page was last updated: