Draft guidance consultation
You can now review and comment on this draft guideline.
The consultation closes on Friday 27 November 2020 at 5pm.
How to comment
1. Register your organisation or comment as an individual
If you’re commenting for an organisation, your organisation needs to be registered as a stakeholder.
Not eligible? Contact the stakeholder organisation that most closely represents your interests and pass your comments to them.
We can accept comments from individuals. These will be considered, but you won’t get a formal response and they won’t be posted on the NICE website. Wherever possible we encourage you to submit your comments through a registered stakeholder organisation.
2. Read the consultation documents
Documents to comment on:
- Draft version of the guideline (just the recommendations)
- Evidence reviews
- Evidence review A: Length of postpartum stay
- Evidence review B: Information transfer
- Evidence review C: Timing of first postnatal contact by midwife
- Evidence review D: Timing of first postnatal contact by health visitor
- Evidence review E: Timing of comprehensive assessment
- Evidence review F: Content of postnatal care contacts
- Evidence review G: Content of postnatal care contacts
- Evidence review H: Tools for the clinical review of women
- Evidence review I: Assessment of secondary postpartum haemorrhage
- Evidence review J: Perineal pain
- Evidence review K: Information for lactation suppression
- Evidence review L: Signs and symptoms of serious illness in babies
- Evidence review L2: Scoring systems for illness in babies
- Evidence review M: Benefits and harms of bed sharing
- Evidence review N: Evidence review for co-sleeping risk factors
- Evidence review O: Emotional attachment
- Evidence review P: Breastfeeding interventions
- Evidence review P: Breastfeeding interventions [Appendix D Clinical evidence tables]
- Evidence review Q: Breastfeeding facilitators and barriers
- Evidence review R: Tools for predicting breastfeeding difficulties
- Evidence review S: Breastfeeding information and support
- Evidence review T: Formula feeding information and support
- NGA team list
- Economic model
If you want to review the economic model, please see 5. Economic models below and fill in the confidentiality form.
Other information about the consultation
- Equality impact assessment
- Committee membership list and DOI register
- Developing NICE guidelines: how to get involved
3. Add your comments
- You must use this comments form.
- You must declare any links with, or funding from, the tobacco industry
If you share similar views with another organisation, send a joint response.
Make sure you consider:
- The areas that will have the biggest impact on practice and be challenging to implement
- How to help users overcome challenges
Developing NICE guidelines: how to get involved suggests some other areas to comment on.
4. Email the form to us
Deadline: Friday 27 November 2020 at 5pm.
5. Economic model
The developer has produced an economic model to support the guideline on postnatal care. To receive an executable version of this model, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org with a signed copy of the confidentiality acknowledgement and undertaking form.
We will then send you a link to an executable version of the economic model by email. The deadline for returning your comments is the same as for the guideline consultation: Friday 27 November at 5pm.
This page was last updated: