Patient decision aids information
Patient decision aids (PDAs) help people decide on healthcare options. They provide evidence-based information on the options available, along with likely outcomes, benefits, harms and uncertainties.
They should be used to inform conversations between a person and their healthcare professional, supporting them to make informed choices in line with their personal values and preferences.
See our PDAs (PDFs only) on:
- Surgery for stress urinary incontinence
- Surgery for uterine prolapse
- Surgery for vaginal vault prolapse
- Treating complications from mesh used for pelvic organ prolapse – Options for women referred to specialist centres
- Treating complications from mesh used for stress urinary incontinence – Options for women referred to specialist centres
There is also a user guide for the PDA on surgery for stress urinary incontinence, a user guide for the PDA on surgery for uterine prolapse and a user guide for the PDA on surgery for vaginal vault prolapse.
This page was last updated: