Information for the public

What if I'm still worried?

If you're worried that you're not getting better, or if your child or family member still seems unwell or not themselves, you should talk to a doctor or other healthcare professional.

It is very important to ask for advice from a healthcare professional if you're worried, even if you have already seen a doctor, are still having treatment, or are back home. This is because the problems caused by sepsis can come on very quickly, and you may need more (or different) treatment.

You should always feel that you can ask questions at any point in your care.

Questions about care at home

  • Would it help me recover more quickly if I made some changes to my lifestyle or diet when I get back home?

Questions about following up on your treatment

  • When should I start to feel better? What should I do if I don't start to feel better, or feel worse?

  • Does my current treatment need to be changed?

Questions family members or carers could ask

  • What can I/we do to help and support the person with sepsis?

  • Is there any additional support that I/we as relatives or carers might benefit from or be entitled to?

  • Information Standard