Alcohol-use disorders (prevention): additional evidence consultation
NICE was asked by the Department of Health (DH) to develop public health programme guidance on Alcohol use disorders in adults and young people: prevention and early identification.
The scope is available from the NICE website: http://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/index.jsp?action=download&o=41238
All registered stakeholders are now invited to comment on the economic analysis that has been assembled to inform the development of this guidance. This analysis will be used by the Programme Development Group (PDG) to develop draft recommendations. The evidence comprises of an economic analysis.
Key areas for comment:
The aim of this consultation is to enable stakeholders to consider the economic analysis and to provide the opportunity to comment, in particular on:
- major gaps in the analysis, including data in the published literature that we have not been able to identify
- queries around the interpretation of the analysis
- the applicability of the analysis and its usefulness for the development of guidance
- issues relating to equality
- issues relating to cost-effectiveness
Registered stakeholders are also invited to submit relevant additional evidence for consideration. In order for NICE to be able to produce guidance in a timely fashion, any evidence should be submitted at this stage and materials should be:
- relevant to the questions set out in the scope document
- currently not included in the analysis
- provided as a PDF or electronic link to an accessible version of the complete document.
(If it is not possible to submit additional evidence electronically, please contact the Project Co-ordinator to make alternative arrangements)
Any material submitted by stakeholders during this consultation will be assessed for its relevance using NICE's standard methods, as set out in the ‘Methods for development of NICE public health guidance'. Relevant material will be included in a supplementary report to the PDG
The consultation on this evidence will run from the 4th August to the 1st September
Please provide all responses to this consultation on the of evidence electronically using the Stakeholder Comments Form (ensuring all relevant fields are completed, including your organisation's name) and forward this, along with any additional evidence you are submitting, by 5pm on 1st September at the very latest to the following email address: email@example.com
The Institute is unable to accept:
- More than one response per stakeholder organisation
- Comments received after the consultation deadline
- Comments that are not on the correct proforma
- Confidential information or other material that you would not wish to be made public
What will happen to your comments:
- All comments (with the exception of personal, individual comments and late comments) will be sent to the project team at the end of the consultation
- Comments from registered stakeholders will be formally responded to by the project team and posted on the NICE website.
- No action will be taken upon receipt of personal, individual comments and late comments.
- PLEASE NOTE: The Institute reserves the right to summarise and edit comments received during consultations, or not to publish them at all, where in the reasonable opinion of the Institute, the comments are voluminous, publication would be unlawful or publication would be otherwise inappropriate.
Modelling to assess the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of Public health related strategies and interventions to Reduce alcohol attributable harm in England using the Sheffield Alcohol Policy Model version 2.0
Modelling to assess the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of Public health related strategies and interventions to Reduce alcohol attributable harm in England using the Sheffield Alcohol Policy Model version 2.0 - Appendices
Please note, the evidence presented here does not constitute the Institute's guidance on this topic. NICE will issue draft guidance on Alcohol Use Disorders (Prevention) in September 2009
This page was last updated: 30 March 2010