Alcohol-use disorders (prevention): consultation on the draft guidance
NICE is developing public health programme guidance (Alcohol-use disorders: preventing the development of hazardous and harmful drinking).
All registered stakeholders for the above public health programme guidance are invited to comment on the draft guidance.
Consultation dates: 13 October 2009 - 10 November 2009
Please provide all responses to this draft guidance using the Stakeholder Comments Form (ensuring all relevant fields are completed, including your organisation's name) and forwarding this by 5pm on Tuesday 10 November at the very latest to email@example.com.
The draft guidance sets out the provisional recommendations that have been developed.
Points to consider in the consultation:
- Points or areas that are not covered, but which appear to fall within the scope of the guidance
- Potential inconsistencies or any disagreement with the Programme Development Groups interpretation of the evidence
- The practical value of the provisional recommendations.
Please see below supporting documents used in formulating the draft recommendations. These documents are provided as background information only and are not for consultation
Modelling to assess the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of public health related strategies and interventions to reduce alcohol attributable harm in England using the Sheffield Alcohol Policy Model version 2.0 (August 2009)
Modelling to assess the effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of public health related strategies and interventions to reduce alcohol attributable harm in England using the Sheffield Alcohol Policy Model version 2.0 : Appendices (August 2009)
The Institute is unable to accept:
- More than one response per stakeholder organisation
- Comments received after the consultation deadline
- Comments that are not on the correct proforma
- Confidential information or other material that you would not wish to be made public
What will happen to your comments:
- All comments (with the exception of personal, individual comments and late comments) will be sent to the project team at the end of the consultation
- Comments from registered stakeholders will be formally responded to by the project team and posted on the NICE website after the final guidance is published.
- No action will be taken upon receipt of personal, individual comments and late comments.
PLEASE NOTE: The Institute reserves the right to summarise and edit comments received during consultations, or not to publish them at all, where in the reasonable opinion of the Institute, the comments are voluminous, publication would be unlawful or publication would be otherwise inappropriate.
This page was last updated: 30 March 2010