Weight management in pregnancy and after childbirth: consultation on draft guidance
NICE is developing draft public health guidance: Dietary interventions and physical activity interventions for weight management in pregnancy and after childbirth.
Following advice from the Public Health Interventions Advisory Committee and in response to comments from stakeholders, the following two NICE public health guidance have been combined:
- Dietary interventions and physical activity interventions for weight management in pregnancy
- Weight management following childbirth
The registered stakeholders for each of these two sets of public health guidance are invited to comment on the draft combined guidance, which includes the draft recommendations.
This consultation will take place between 18th February – 18th March 2010
Please provide all responses to this draft guidance using the Stakeholder Comments Form (ensuring all relevant fields are completed, including your organisation's name) and forwarding this by 5pm on Thursday 18th March 2010 at the very latest to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Weight management in pregnancy and after childbirth: draft guidance
- Weight management in pregnancy and after childbirth : consultation on the draft guidance - stakeholder comments form
Please note that this is draft guidance. It does not constitute NICE’s formal guidance on ‘weight management in pregnancy and after childbirth’. The recommendations are provisional and may change after this consultation with stakeholders and fieldwork.
Please see below supporting documents used in formulating the draft recommendations. These documents are provided as background information only and are not for consultation
- Weight management in pregnancy: evidence review
- Weight management in pregnancy: economic modelling report
- Weight management following childbirth: evidence review
- Weight management following childbirth: economic modelling report
The Institute is unable to accept:
- More than one response per stakeholder organisation
- Comments received after the consultation deadline
- Comments that are not on the correct proforma
- Confidential information or other material that you would not wish to be made public
What will happen to your comments:
- All comments (with the exception of personal, individual comments and late comments) will be sent to the project team at the end of the consultation
- Comments from registered stakeholders will be formally responded to by the project team and posted on the NICE website after the final guidance is published.
- No action will be taken upon receipt of personal, individual comments and late comments.
PLEASE NOTE: The Institute reserves the right to summarise and edit comments received during consultations, or not to publish them at all, where in the reasonable opinion of the Institute, the comments are voluminous, publication would be unlawful or publication would be otherwise inappropriate.
This page was last updated: 30 March 2010