Faecal incontinence: quality standard consultation
The draft NICE quality standard for Faecal incontinence is now available for consultation. The consultation period will end at 5pm on 20 September 2013.
Please note that this quality standard is provisional and may change after consultation with stakeholders.
The following supporting documents were used in formulating the draft quality standard. These are working documents which are provided as background information only and are not for consultation.
- Faecal incontinence briefing paper
- Faecal incontinence NICE clinical guideline 49 (2007)
- Faecal incontinence equality analysis 2
How to submit your comments
Please provide all responses to the draft quality standard using the comments proforma (ensuring all relevant fields are completed, including your organisation's full name) and forward this electronically by 5pm on 20 September 2013 at the very latest to this email address: QSconsultations@nice.org.uk
The Institute is unable to accept
- Comments from non-registered organisations - if you wish your comments to be considered please register via the NICE website
- Comments from individuals - please contact the registered stakeholder organisation that most closely represents your interests and pass your comments to them.
- Comments received after the consultation deadline (5pm)
- Comments that are not on the correct proforma
- More than one response per stakeholder organisation
- Confidential information or other material that you would not wish to be made public
- Personal medical information about yourself or another person from which your or the person's identity could be ascertained
What will happen to your comments
The NICE Health and Social Care Quality Programme and Quality Standards Advisory Committee will review all eligible comments received at the end of the consultation and will refine the quality standard in light of this information.
NICE reserves the right to summarise and edit comments received during consultations, or not to publish them at all, where in the reasonable opinion of the Institute, the comments are voluminous, publication would be unlawful or publication would be otherwise inappropriate.
Acknowledgement of comments
You should receive an automated acknowledgement from the email box when you email your comments. If you do not receive this acknowledgement, please contact the quality standards coordinator to ensure your comments have been safely received by emailing Jenny.Harrisson@nice.org.uk.
Comments received in the course of consultations carried out by the Institute are published in the interests of openness and transparency. The comments are published as a record of the submissions that the Institute has received, and are not endorsed by the Institute, its officers or advisory committees.
Endorsing NICE Quality Standards
If you would like your organisation to endorse this quality standard please email QualityStandards@nice.org.uk to express an interest. NICE is proud to jointly badge quality standards to help to achieve maximum dissemination among relevant audiences.
Those who endorse quality standards must be:
- National patient, carer, service user, voluntary, charity and non-governmental organisations that are run by, or directly reflect the perspectives of patients, service users, carers or client groups, and represent the interests of people whose care is covered by the quality standard in England.
- National organisations that represent the health or social care professionals who provide the services described in the quality standard in England.
- Statutory organisations (an organisation set up by government for a specific purpose) including Ofsted, Care Quality Commission (CQC), and Local Government Improvement and Development.
This page was last updated: 22 August 2013