Smoking - harm reduction: quality standard consultation
The draft NICE quality standard for Smoking: harm reduction is now available for consultation. The consultation period will end at 5pm on Thursday 5 March 2015.
- Smoking: harm reduction draft quality standard
Please note that this quality standard is provisional and may change after consultation with stakeholders.
The following supporting documents were used in formulating the draft quality standard. These are working documents which are provided as background information only and are not for consultation.
- Smoking: harm reduction - briefing paper
- Tobacco: harm-reduction approaches to smoking (2013) NICE guideline PH45
- Equality analysis 2
How to submit your comments
Please provide all responses to the draft quality standard using the comments proforma (ensuring all relevant fields are completed, including your organisation's full name) and forward this electronically by 5pm on Thursday 5 March 2015 at the very latest to this email address: QSconsultations@nice.org.uk
The Institute is unable to accept
- Comments from non-registered organisations - if you wish your comments to be considered please register via the NICE website
- Comments received after the consultation deadline (5pm)
- Comments that are not on the correct proforma
- More than one response per stakeholder organisation
- Confidential information or other material that you would not wish to be made public
- Personal medical information about yourself or another person from which your or the person's identity could be ascertained
What will happen to your comments
A summary of the consultation comments, prepared by the NICE quality standards team, and the full set of consultation comments will be shared with the Quality Standards Advisory Committee (QSAC). The QSAC will then meet to review the comments and the quality standard will be refined with input from the QSAC chair and members.
Please note that NICE no longer responds to consultation comments submitted on NICE quality standards. Instead, following the publication of the quality standard, NICE will provide stakeholders who submitted comments with a link to the minutes of the meeting that will summarise the committee discussions and decisions. In addition, NICE will provide a link to the summary document that was considered by the QSAC.
NICE reserves the right to summarise and edit comments received during consultations, or not to publish them at all, where in the reasonable opinion of the Institute, the comments are voluminous, publication would be unlawful or publication would be otherwise inappropriate.
Comments received in the course of consultations carried out by the Institute are published in the interests of openness and transparency. The comments are published as a record of the submissions that the Institute has received, and are not endorsed by the Institute, its officers or advisory committees.
Supporting NICE Quality Standards
If you would like your organisation to formally support this quality standard please email QSsupportingorgs@nice.org.uk to express an interest. NICE welcomes the opportunity to recognise organisations’ that share NICE's commitment to quality improvement using evidence-based guidance support for the publication of the quality. Those who support quality standards must be:
- National patient, carer, service user, voluntary, charity and non-governmental organisations that are run by, or directly reflect the perspectives of people who use services, carers or client groups, and represent the interests of people whose care is covered by the quality standard.
- National organisations that represent the professionals and practitioners who provide the care or services described in the quality standard.
- National organisations that represent commissioners or providers of the care or services described in the quality standard.
- Statutory organisations (an organisation set up by government for a specific purpose) such as Ofsted and the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
This page was last updated: 05 February 2015