NICE has today (27 July 2020) published a guideline on the arrangements the NHS should put in place for patients needing elective surgery and other planned treatments and procedures (including diagnostics and imaging) during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We use the best available evidence to develop recommendations that guide decisions in health, public health and social care.
- New guidance in the last 6 months (0)
- Updated guidance in the last 6 months (0)
- In development guidance (1)
Critical assessment of evidence to help you make decisions. Advice, rather than formal NICE guidance.
- New advice in the last 6 months (0)
- Updated advice in the last 6 months (0)
- In development advice (0)
Set out priority areas for quality improvement in health and social care.
- New quality standards in the last 6 months (0)
- Updated quality standards in the last 6 months (0)
- In development quality standards (0)
Interactive topic-based flowcharts that allow you to navigate our recommendations on any subject.
Guidance by programme
Advice by programme
Products being developed or updated
News on this topic
NICE urges hospitals and local authorities to redouble their efforts to reduce delays in discharging patients from hospitals, following criticism from MPs.
Putting guidance into practice
Examples of how our guidance and standards have been put into practice in the NHS, local authorities, voluntary sector and a range of other organisations.
Showing 3 of 30 shared learning examples for this topic: