19 to 23 June 2021, Manchester
NICE will co-host the Health Technology Assessment International (HTAi) 2021 annual meeting alongside the All Wales Therapeutics and Toxicology Centre (AWTTC) and Healthcare Improvement Scotland (HIS).
The theme for the meeting is 'Innovation through HTA'. It will showcase UK expertise in Health Technology Assessment (HTA).
HTAi annual meetings bring together over 1000 healthcare specialists and practitioners from around the world and provide an arena to share information and best practices.
We will be announcing an exciting programme of virtual events for 2021.
Keep checking back here for updates.
Request a speaker
Complete a speaker request form and return it to email@example.com.
We are generally unable to provide speakers for events that are hosted or sponsored by a single industry sponsor as this could constitute a conflict of interest.
Requesting a speaker from NICE
As a high profile national organisation, NICE gets a lot of request for speakers. We try our best to fulfil all these requests but due to pressure on staff time we do sometimes have to prioritise. In order to maximise the chance of us being able to help you and to deal with your request promptly, please bear in mind the following points when requesting a speaker.
What you can expect from us
- We will acknowledge your request for a speaker within 7 days, confirming whether or not we are in principle able to fulfil the request and giving an indication of who the speaker for your event is likely to be.
- We will confirm the exact speaker as soon as we are able to, but it is not always possible to do this until a few weeks before the date of the engagement.
- We will do our best to deal with requests for a speaker at short notice (within a month of the date of request), but this is not always possible.
- We are generally unable to provide speakers for events that are hosted or sponsored by a single industry sponsor, as this could constitute a conflict of interest.
What we expect from you
- Speaking engagements are coordinated by NICE's external communications team, so please make your initial request by filling in the speakers request form and emailing it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not make multiple approaches for a speaker to different people at NICE as this can cause confusion and duplication of effort.
- If you need to talk to someone urgently to see how your request is progressing please call Louise Tempia, external communications executive, on 020 7045 2175.
- Please try to give us as much notice as possible for when you require a speaker. 2 to 3 months advance notice is ideal.
- Please make it clear if you would like a specific member of the NICE team to speak (for example, our Chairman or Chief Executive) or if you would like someone with particular expertise (for example, a health economist) but be prepared to be flexible, as your first choice may not always be available.
- Please give us as much information as possible as you can about the type of event you are hosting including the purpose of the event, date, time and audience numbers as this helps us find the most appropriate speaker for you.
- We normally expect non-NHS bodies to meet speaker's travel and accommodation costs.
- Please apply to the communications team at NICE for permission if you would like to publish presentations given by NICE staff on your website or in a conference programme, as the material may be subject to copyright.
- Please do send any feedback on the speaker to email@example.com as this helps improve the service for other users. You may submit any feedback in confidence if you wish.