This page contains information and links to key resources that will help you keep your practice up to date.
Help us develop our guidance
GPs help to bring a primary care perspective to the guidance that we produce. They do this by taking part in the committees that develop our guidance.
We’re always looking for a range of GPs to work with us on our committees, even those with just a few years’ experience. It's one of the best things you can do for your continuing professional development (CPD).
Subscribe to our GP reference panel
Contribute to the development of our guidance in a quick and easy way by telling us which questions matter most in primary care. Our GP reference panel gathers the collective wisdom of GPs on the ground, who might not otherwise be heard.Sign up to the panel
I’d really encourage GPs to take part in a guideline committee at NICE. Being a committee member was a fascinating process. I learned a lot about a subject area where my knowledge was fairly basic, and it motivated me to change my practice.
Revalidation requires GPs to participate in quality improvement activity once in a revalidation cycle. We have advice and resources to help you to measure and audit your progress:
- Baseline assessment tools give you a snapshot of current practice when guidance is published, and help identify if you need to make changes.
- NICE audit tools provide ready-to-use criteria and data collection tools for technology appraisals, clinical guidelines and selected interventional. procedures and public health guidance. Tailor for general practice by selecting the recommendations and criteria that apply to general practice.
- The Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership (HQIP) provides case studies and guidance on involving patients in audit.
- The RCGP provides guidance on quality improvement in primary care, including help with approaching projects.
- have a nominated lead for NICE guidance and resources
- audit to measure effective implementation
- have a plan in place to review, act and make changes
- raise staff awareness of our guidance, advice and resources
- use our guidance for your practice education and training.
Tools and resources
Providing primary care practitioners with a readily accessible summary of the current evidence base and practical guidance on best practice.
Our update for primary care newsletter contains the latest news and guidance to keep GPs and others working in primary care up to date with important developments.