Support for delivering quality, safety and efficiency in the optimisation of medicines.
Summaries of the best available evidence to guide decision making for selected medicines. They:
- help commissioners, budget holders and groups make informed decisions on the introduction of key new medicines
- review the clinical evidence for the effectiveness of medicines
- can include reviews of a single medicine with 1 or more indications or class reviews of medicines on specific topics.
Our evidence summaries: interim process guide sets out how we select topics and prepare the summaries.
Treatment option summaries
Visual representations that bring together NICE technology appraisal guidance and NICE guideline recommendations in a structured and user-friendly way.
They aim to guide decision making where there are multiple medicines options in a clinical topic area.
View our treatment option summaries
- type 2 diabetes in adults: management – factors to take into account when choosing, reviewing and changing medicines (PDF)
- lung cancer treatment pathway (PDF).
Our treatment option summaries: interim process guide sets out how we select topics and prepare the summaries.
We train and support clinicians involved in medicines optimisation across England, Wales, Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands. Our associates share information across their professional networks and support each other as an expert group.
Recommendations promoting good practice for people involved in governing, commissioning, prescribing and making decisions about medicines. Suitable for a wide range of audiences across health and social care.
Register for the latest evidence-based information relating to medicines and prescribing.