Our guidance and advice can help you make the best use of resources. It helps by showing what's worth investing in.
Use our tools to plan ahead, explore opportunities for saving money and make decisions on the best way to use your resources. Our aim is to help you recognise the benefits of appropriate care and spending on the right things.
Recovering core services and improving productivity is an immediate priority for the NHS. So, to help with this, we’ve pulled together our relevant guidance and recommendations supporting this work into one place.
We've matched relevant NICE guidance and recommendations to areas of improving productivity and recovering core services. And we’ve aligned these to each of the 2023/24 priorities and operational planning guidance and priority areas of the NHS Long Term Plan
We’ve identified guidance that may generate cost savings or increase productivity. Applying this can free up resources and capacity that other services can use.
Our cost saving guidance features:
- summaries explaining how applying the guidance saves money
- links to resource impact tools that let you calculate local savings
- estimates of the savings per 100,000 population.
Our resource planner will give you an idea of costs or savings for guidance. It will help you to understand the resource implications of upcoming and already published guidance.
- Resource impact profiles show costs and savings over 5 years where possible.
- Colour coded categories show cost saving, cost neutral and low, medium and high cost guidance.