Medicines adherence (CG76)
Fast, easy summary view of NICE guidance on 'medicines adherence'
Fast, easy summary view of NICE guidance on 'stable angina'
Medicines adherence: involving patients in decisions about prescribed medicines and supporting adherence
This guidance is about enabling patients to make informed choices by involving and supporting them in decisions about prescribed medicines. It explains guidance (advice) from NICE (the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence) to the NHS in England and Wales.
Responsibility for undertaking a review of this guidance at the designated review date has passed to the National Clinical Guidelines Centre for Acute and Chronic Conditions (NCGCACC). The National Collaborating Centre for Primary Care is no longer active.
- CG76 Medicines adherence: full guideline appendices
- CG76 Medicines adherence: full guideline, appendix A
- CG76 Medicines adherence: full guideline, appendix C
- CG76 Medicines adherence: NICE guideline (web format)
- CG76 Medicines adherence: full guideline, appendix E
- CG76 Medicines adherence: full guideline, appendix D
- CG76 Medicines adherence: full guideline, appendix B
This guidance has been incorporated into the following NICE Pathways, along with other related guidance and products.
This page was last updated: 10 March 2014
- Web format
- Quick reference guide (PDF)
- NICE Guideline (PDF)
- Full Guideline (PDF)
- CG76 Chi a'ch meddyginiaeth ar bresgripsiwn: galluogi a chefnogi cleifion i wneud penderfyniadau hyddysg: deall canllawiau NICE (fformat MS Word)
Information for the public
Implementation tools and resources
- Audit support
- Costing statement
- Slide set
- Anticogualtion therapy commissioning guide
- Medicines adherence: guide to resources
- Medicines adherence: patient information resource - a template for display in healthcare settings
See this guidance in practice
The summary of the key recommendations in the guidance written for patients, carers and those with little medical knowledge and may be used in local patient information leaflets.
Quick Reference Guide
The quick reference guide presents recommendations for health professionals
The published NICE clinical guideline, contains the recommendations for health professionals and NHS bodies.
The published full clinical guideline for specialists with background, evidence, recommendations and methods used.