This guideline covers the diagnosis and management of menopause, including in women who have premature ovarian insufficiency. The guideline aims to improve the consistency of support and information provided to women in menopause.
Who is it for?
- Healthcare professionals who care for women in menopause.
- Women in menopause, and their families and carers.
The guideline includes recommendations on:
- Individualised care
- Diagnosis of perimenopause and menopause
- Information and advice
- Managing short-term menopausal symptoms
- Long-term benefits and risks of hormone replacement therapy
- Diagnosing and managing premature ovarian insufficiency
In November 2015, the MHRA was consulting with marketing authorisation holders on amending the existing warning about the risk of ovarian cancer in the Summary of Product Characteristics (SPC) information for HRT products.