Key resources to help keep your practice up-to-date
- summaries of the most common and significant presentations in primary care
- clear, practical knowledge to help you put UK guideline recommendations into practice
- the best evidence, national guidance, policies and practice collated and summarised
We've now closed our evidence search service. For more information visit our evidence search service closure information page.
Professional development (CPD)
Revalidation requires GPs to participate in quality improvement activity once in a revalidation cycle. We have advice and resources to help you to measure and audit your progress:
- Baseline assessment tools give you a snapshot of current practice when guidance is published, and help identify if you need to make changes.
- NICE audit tools provide ready-to-use criteria and data collection tools for technology appraisals, clinical guidelines and selected interventional. procedures and public health guidance. Tailor for general practice by selecting the recommendations and criteria that apply to general practice.
- The Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership (HQIP) provides case studies and guidance on involving patients in audit.
- The RCGP provides guidance on quality improvement in primary care, including help with approaching projects.
GP reference panel
A quick and easy way for GPs to get involved in the development of NICE guidance.
Our monthly newsletter highlights guidance, tools and news relevant to primary care.
See how other practices have been implementing our guidance to improve the quality of care.
BNF and BNFC
Access the BNF and BNF for Children for up-to-date prescribing information.
- Have a nominated lead for NICE guidance and resources
- Audit to measure effective implementation
- Have a plan in place to review, act and make changes
- Raise staff awareness of NICE guidance, advice and resources
- Use NICE guidance for your practice education and training