Key resources to help keep your practice up-to-date
Clinical knowledge summaries
- summaries of the most common and significant presentations in primary care
- clear, practical knowledge to help you put UK guideline recommendations into practice
- the best evidence, national guidance, policies and practice collated and summarised
- quick reference to the range of guidance from NICE for a particular topic
- easily view all of our recommendations in one place
- includes quality standards, social care guidelines and implementation tools
NICE evidence services
- fast, free and easy-to-use library of credible sources of health information
- search results are ranked according to relevance and quality
- save your searches and receive regular updates about new information in your field of interest
Professional development (CPD)
- educational tools and resources to support your CPD and revalidation.
- get involved in the development of NICE guidance
Measuring and auditing
Revalidation requires GPs to complete 2 full-cycle clinical audits during a revalidation period. We have advice and resources to help you to measure and audit your progress:
- Baseline assessment tools give you a snapshot of current practice when guidance is published, and help identify if you need to make changes.
- NICE audit tools provide ready-to-use criteria and data collection tools for technology appraisals, clinical guidelines and selected interventional procedures and public health guidance. Tailor for general practice by selecting the recommendations and criteria that apply to general practice.
Asthma guideline project
Sign up for primary care updates
See how other practices have been implementing our guidance to improve the quality of care.
BNF and BNFC
Access the BNF and BNF for Children for up-to-date prescribing information.
- Have a nominated lead for NICE guidance and resources
- Audit to measure effective implementation
- Have a plan in place to review, act and make changes
- Raise staff awareness of NICE guidance, advice and resources
- Use NICE guidance for your practice education and training