We work with guidance producers looking to renew their existing accreditation. The programme no longer accepts new applications.
The accreditation programme assesses the processes used to produce guidance and advice. This will, in turn, help raise standards in guidance production. Please continue to use the facilities on NICE Evidence Search to search for accredited guidance.Go to NICE Evidence Search
- To help health and social care professionals identify the most trusted sources of guidance developed using critically evaluated
- To drive up the quality of information used by health and social care professionals in decision making
- To improve patient outcomes through providing robust evidence for NICE quality standards
- Increase the visibility of guidance and advice
- Attain accreditation for guidance making it eligible to be considered for the development of NICE quality standards
- Promote guideline development processes as being robust and transparent
- Use the NICE Accreditation Mark as an indication of high standard, good quality information
Guidance producers that meet our definition of guidance and advice, as detailed in the Accreditation process manual, may apply for accreditation.
Readiness to apply
Steps providing a brief summary of the NICE accreditation process for guidance producers.
Recent accreditation renewals
Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network and the British Thoracic Society
We have renewed accreditation of the process used by the Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network and the British Thoracic Society to produce the ‘British guideline on the management of asthma’. The renewed accreditation is valid until 31 January 2021 and applies to guidance produced using the processes described in SIGN 50: a guideline developer’s handbook (2015).The original accreditation term began in January 2012 and was retrospectively applicable from May 2011.
Royal College of Occupational Therapists
We have renewed accreditation of the process used by the Royal College of Occupational Therapists to produce practice guidelines. The renewed accreditation term is valid until 16 January 2023.
All Wales Medicines Strategy Group
We have renewed accreditation of the process used by the All Wales Medicines Strategy Group to produce final appraisal recommendations. The renewed accreditation term is valid until 10 October 2021.
British Thoracic Society
We have renewed accreditation of the process used by the British Thoracic Society to produce clinical guidelines. The renewed accreditation term is valid until 30 November 2021.