NICE's role is to improve outcomes for people using the NHS and other public health and social care services.
We do this by:
- Producing evidence-based guidance and advice for health, public health and social care practitioners.
- Developing quality standards and performance metrics for those providing and commissioning health, public health and social care services.
- Providing a range of information services for commissioners, practitioners and managers across health and social care.
Our different programmes include:
- our guidance
- financial planning tools
- our advice
- standards and indicators
- NICE Pathways
- topic selection.
Our advisory service for international organisations, ministries and government agencies. Find out more about:
- our consultancy services
- speaking engagements
- using our content outside the UK.
How industry can engage with us during health technology development to achieve better outcomes. Our services include:
- HealthTech Connect
- UK Pharma Scan
- Office for Market Access
- scientific advice.
Our aim is to improve patient access to the best digital health innovations. Our work in this area includes.
- Office for Digital Health
- support for developers
- multi-agency advisory service
- health technology assessment.
Standards to help innovators and commissioners understand what good levels of evidence for digital health technologies look like.
Resources that provide access to high quality authoritative evidence and best practice. This includes:
- our evidence search
- clinical knowledge summaries
- journals and databases
- British National Formulary (BNF)
- our medicines awareness service.
Support and resources to help you make the best use of our guidance and quality standards. This includes:
- implementation support
- cost-saving guidance
- the resource planner
- shared learning case studies.
Guidance, advice and resources for social care. Our social care resources include:
- quick guides
- quality improvement resource for adult social care
- child abuse and neglect guidance
- our social care newsletter
- social care trainers resource.
More information about the pricing arrangements proposed by pharmaceutical companies to enable access to high cost drugs.
The accreditation programme assesses the processes used to produce guidance and advice.
Resources for health and social care that we've endorsed.
How we work with researchers, funders, charities and policy organisations to achieve high quality, impactful research.
Practical tools and resources to support sustainability and transformation at a local level. This includes:
- resources for local partnerships
- dedicated local support.