We're excited that you're interested in joining a committee and helping us improve health and social care services.
By joining, you'll have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others by developing health and social care guidance that improves services.
Applying is easy. Follow our step-by-step process below to get started.
Who we're looking for
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and want our committees to provide a wide range of viewpoints and experiences. We're especially looking to improve the representation of black, Asian, and minority ethnic groups. Learn more about our commitment to equality.
Take a look at our current committee vacancies and apply today.
Step 1 - the criteria
Before you decide to apply, take a look through the supporting documents to make sure you meet the criteria for the role.
On each vacancy page, you'll find:
- a role description and person specification
- information about expenses and how to claim
- the recruitment and selection process.
If you meet the criteria and you're still interested in applying, move on to step 2.
Step 2 - the application and supporting documents
Each vacancy will ask you to complete an application form or a cover letter, explaining how you meet the criteria in the person specification and your motivation for applying for the post.
It will also have supporting documents you'll need to submit with your application. These can include:
- a short CV
- applicant information form
- declaration of interests form
- equality monitoring form.
Step 3 - contact us
You can submit your application and supporting documents to the email address provided on the committee vacancy page.
If you have any questions about the vacancy or the process before you apply, you can also email the contact provided on the vacancy page.
What happens next?
When we are looking for people to join a committee, we choose the best person based on their skills and experience. We have rules that help us decide, and we follow these rules closely. Learn more about our appointments to advisory bodies policy and procedure.
After the closing date, we'll:
- Assess your CV and supporting letter to decide if you're right for the role and will be invited to interview. We'll only look at the information you gave in your application, so make sure you show how you have the skills and experience required.
- If we invite you to interview, we'll ask you more questions to make sure you are the best person for the job.
- If you're successful, we will send you a letter or email to tell you. If you're not successful, we will let you know too.
What do committee members do?
Our committees are made up of professional members and lay members.
Professional members include the chair of the committee and topic experts. They have experience working in areas including health and social care, local authorities, and the life sciences industry.
Our lay members are members of the public with personal experience or knowledge of particular issues within health and social care. They can include patients and carers.