Research recommendation(s) from an individual piece of guidance
- Alcohol-use disorders: diagnosis, assessment and management of harmful drinking (high-risk drinking) and alcohol dependence
- Date issued:
Research recommendations coming out of this guidance
- Is contingency management effective in reducing alcohol consumption in people who misuse alcohol compared with standard care?
- What methods are most effective for assessing and diagnosing the presence and severity of alcohol misuse in children and young people?
- Is acupuncture effective in reducing alcohol consumption compared with standard care?
- For which service users who are moderately and severely dependent on alcohol is an assertive community treatment model a clinically and cost-effective intervention compared with standard care?
- For people with moderate and severe alcohol dependence who have significant comorbid problems, is an intensive residential rehabilitation programme clinically and cost effective when compared with intensive community-based care?
- For people with alcohol dependence, which medication is most likely to improve adherence and thereby promote abstinence and prevent relapse?