Information for the public

Your healthcare team

Your healthcare team

The various types of treatment described may be provided by a range of healthcare professionals who specialise in different treatments. These could include doctors, specialist vascular nurses, radiologists and vascular surgeons. All of these healthcare professionals will be trained and experienced in diagnosing and treating varicose veins.

A member of your healthcare team should discuss varicose veins with you and explain the tests and treatments for them in detail. You should have the opportunity to ask any questions you have – there is a list of questions you might like to ask to help you with this.

Some treatments described may not be suitable for you, depending on your exact circumstances. If you think that your treatment or care does not match this advice, talk to your healthcare team.

  • Information Standard