Information for the public

Trigeminal neuralgia

Initial treatment

To begin with, your doctor should offer you a drug called carbamazepine.

What if my pain doesn't improve?

If the trigeminal neuralgia is still causing you problems, if you are having side effects that are difficult to manage, or if you cannot take carbamazepine, your doctor should seek expert advice from a specialist and may refer you to a specialist.

  • Information Standard