Information for the public

Your care team

Your care team

A range of professionals who specialise in different areas of treatment or support may be involved in your care. These could include your GP, practice nurse, dentist, dental hygienist or heart specialist.

Working with you

Your care team should talk with you about infective endocarditis. They should explain any treatments or support you should be offered so that you can decide together what is best for you. Your family, parent or carer may be involved in helping to make decisions depending on your age. There is a list of questions you can use to help you talk with your care team.

You may also like to read NICE's information for the public on patient experience in adult NHS services. This sets out what adults should be able to expect when they use the NHS. We also have more information on the NICE website about using health and social care services.