Information for the public
Lumasiran (Oxlumo) is available on the NHS as a possible treatment for primary hyperoxaluria type 1 in people of all ages.
Is this treatment right for me or my child?
Your healthcare professionals should give you clear information, talk with you about your or your child's options and listen carefully to your views and concerns. Your family can be involved too, if you wish. Read more about making decisions about your care.
Questions to think about
- How well does it work compared with other treatments?
- What are the risks or side effects? How likely are they?
- How will the treatment affect my or my child’s day-to-day life?
- What happens if the treatment does not work?
- What happens if I do not want to have treatment or I do not want my child to have it? Are there other treatments available?
Information and support
Metabolic Support UK (0845 241 2173) can give you advice and support.
You can also get support from your local Healthwatch.
NICE is not responsible for the quality or accuracy of any information or advice provided by these organisations.
This page was last updated: