Information for the public
Eliglustat (Cerdelga) is available on the NHS as a possible long-term treatment for type 1 Gaucher disease in adults.
Is this treatment right for me?
Your healthcare professionals should give you clear information, talk with you about your options and listen carefully to your views and concerns. Your family can be involved too, if you wish. Read more about making decisions about your care.
Questions to think about
- How well does it work compared with other treatments?
- What are the risks or side effects? How likely are they?
- How will the treatment affect my day-to-day life?
- What happens if the treatment does not work?
- What happens if I do not want to have treatment? Are there other treatments available?
Information and support
These organisations can give you advice and support:
NICE is not responsible for the quality or accuracy of any information or advice provided by these organisations.
This page was last updated: